[AGENT++] Help implementing common oids

rinn2883 rinn2883 at mail.com
Tue Sep 26 12:30:33 CEST 2017

Hi

I want to provide some common oids (cpu, memory, iterfaces) from a linux
system
and extend it with some custom oids to read gios.

The examples are rather complex for a novice.
Just an example with SNMPv3 and sysDescr would be nice :-D haha.
SNMP has been around for a long time, so do I have to implement these
common oids myself?
Or can I get them somewhere?
I already have the MIBs, I'm talking more about the agent++
implementation for them.
I believe if I can look at the implementation of the common oids, i can
figure out how to do
the gpio oids myself.

One other small question. I think i don't need the MIB on the embedded
machine?
The MIB is more for clients, so that they know what data they are getting.
The embedded device has only 40MB of space and I dont want to add the
MIBs if I
don't have to.

Kind regards