[AGENT++] Snmp++ license for Yocto

Isaac Nickaein nickaein.i at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:10:47 CEST 2018

I am trying to add support for Snmp++ and Agent++ in Yocto. If you are
familiar with Yocto, you can skip the following paragraph. Otherwise,
here is a brief description:

Yocto is a buildsystem widely used in embedded world, similar to
Buildroot but with much wider contribution. For each
application/library/component, a recipe can be written in Yocto which
information like source url, license, dependencies. The recipe also
have instruction about how the source of application/library can be
downloaded, compiled and deployed to the target system. For example,
here is the recipe for ZeroMQ library:

http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/zeromq/zeromq_4.2.5.bb

I have written similar recipes for Snmp++ and Agent++ libraries and
planning to push it to upstream so other Yocto users would be able to
incorporate these libraries in their builds, given they adhere to the
license.

Each recipe must specify the license info for the source it is trying
to build. These are the "standard" supported licenses:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/files/common-licenses

Agent++ is licensed as Apache-2.0, but I am unsure about Snmp++. Is
any of theses supported licenses close enough to mentioned for Snmp++
(e.g. BSD)?