[AGENT++] why is std::list, std::array, or std::queue not used?

Claus Klein claus.klein at arcormail.de
Mon Aug 27 22:51:21 CEST 2018

> Am 26.08.2018 um 08:29 schrieb Frank Fock <fock at agentpp.com>:
>
> Those „standard“ collections have *not* been used because of „portable, readable, and clean code“! The interface of the AGENT++ implements had not been changed for 20 years now.
Yes, may be, but IMHO its time now to throw away the support for former OS and compilers!

> I am not sure that you could have managed that with std:: implementations during this time frame.
Yes, in the last century, it was true, but the time has changed

> Of course, this might change in the future. Therefore we observe the situation, but it is to early to do it now, because there have not been found any bug/drawback in the current implementations for many years now (besides false alarms).
But the code is not exception save, not easy to read and so not easy to port to new embedded systems!
(The logging is a nightmare, by the way)

For example, MS visual studio V17 too is distributed with python 3.6, clang++, and buildin cmake support.
It supports the full std C++14 as far.

C++17 supports threads, mutex, timer, clock, async, atomics, and  in future threadpool, filesystem, …asio and boost supports all current os and compilers and all the future features of C++20, the next std!

It time to start …

P.S.: There is a nice tool, https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=unifdef

I would like to help.

Best regards