[MIB Designer] Problem compiling MIB from mibdesigner

Ellis Corey Corey.Ellis at comverse.com
Fri Feb 25 14:16:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have started evaluating mibdesigner for a possible project.   I want
to build a MIB under my company's branch
"...enterprise.5271.application"

When I try to compile the attached MIB.   I get a compile error on line
109, saying it doesn't expect DisplayString.   The MIB imports
DisplayString from SNMPv2-SMI.

I am hoping someone could explain me the problem.   I am thinking that I
need to compile this MIB, add the MIB, and then I can build my MIB
attached from this MIB.

I want my MIB to start from

Enterprise.5271.3.20      5271 is the company branch,  3 is for
applications, and 20 is my application.  The Wizard only allows me to
start from enterprise, or by importing a MIB.   The MIB I need to import
is failing compilation.

Please shed some light.

Thanks

Corey