[SNMP4J] Log4J SNMP LogAppender implementation based on SNMP4J.

Marian, Radu Radu.Marian at us.ing.com
Thu Jul 29 17:17:54 CEST 2004

Hello,

On the prospect page (http://www.snmp4j.org/html/prospect.html <http://www.snmp4j.org/html/prospect.html> ) I saw the following:
*	Log4J SNMP LogAppender implementation based on SNMP4J.
Interestingly enough I am currently working on a similar solution - ability to send Tivoli errors from a J2EE app to a Tivoli Enterprize Console (TEC).  I am planning to use SocketAppender wrapped in an AssyncAppender to send TCP packets to TEC.  My second task would be to use the same log4j fascilities to send SNMP traps directly to TEC.

How fare are you with the implementation - I am just starting.

Radu Marian
Application Infrastructure
> ING Americas - Technology Management Office
Phone: (860) 723-9067
Mobile: (860) 463-2476
On Call Pager: 8605200047 at archwireless.net
email: Radu.Marian at us.ing.com

> IA3 - Integrated Americas Adaptive Architecture
> TOMORROW.TODAY at ING

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.