[SNMP4J] e.getMessageDispatcher().returnResponsePdu WITH messageProcessingModel : 0

lemar at canada.com lemar at canada.com
Thu Jun 3 22:24:43 CEST 2004

Hello,

I've tried getting the SnmpRequest.java application to
work with version 1 messaging, but as of yet I haven't
had any success.

I've been using the SNMP4j code as an agent, and I have
been sending SNMPv1 GET messages to the agent.  The
agent makes it to the call to the 'returnResponsePDU'
method, at which point I get a 'StackOverflowError
Catch: Error while sending response:
java.lang.StackOverflowError'.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Even better, does anyone have any sample code using
SNMPv1 GET?

(by the way, I was able to get the 'returnResponsePDU'
to work using SNMPv2c messages.

thank you.

-Ian