[SNMP4J] Re: FIXED POSSIBLE JAR BUG e.getMessageDispatcher().returnResponsePdu WITH messageProcessingModel : 0

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sun Jun 6 13:59:59 CEST 2004

Ian,

Your fix is OK and welcome. However, using the PDUv1 for other
PDU types than PDU.V1TRAP is not recommended and does not
offer best (possible) performance. Please use the PDU class directly
for other PDU types than PDU.V1TRAP, because the "v1" extension
has nothing to do with the SNMP version used. It is the version
identifier for the PDU version.

Nevertheless, a fixed SNMP4J version will be released soon...