[SNMP4J] Bug report on SNMP4J TCP transport

Damian A Starosielsky damian at airdefense.net
Thu Jun 17 17:28:44 CEST 2004

First of all I would like to congratulate everyone involved in this
project. I have been working with SNMP for over 6 years now and
this is the most modular open source SNMP stack I have seen so far.

I have had problems with the TCP transport though, I am attaching
two files which I had to modify to make it work. I am using snmp4j to
send an inform-request PDU over a TCP connection.

My changes are the following:

1 - TcpTransportMapping.java: commented line 38 because it was hiding
the messageDispatcher superclass attribute
2 - DefaultTcpTransportMapping.java: commented lines 564-573 because the
test was allways evaluating true and reporting an error. messageLength
was allways <= 0
because it is initialized with Integer.MIN_VALUE
3 - DefaultTcpTransportMapping.java: line 577 removed wrapping of the
buffer because
it was causing BER decoding to fail.

I don't know if those are the best fixes, but they worked for me ...

Again, thank you for this great API!

--

Damian A Starosielsky
Senior Software Engineer