[SNMP4J] initialize too slow

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Mon May 3 23:48:30 CEST 2004

Hi Zhan,

Have you run your test case several times?
I assume that the 20 sec. are related with
class loading from disk. I cannot reproduce
any significant delay when disk IO is factored
out.

If you do not want SNMPv3 support, you should
subclass Snmp and do not use Snmp's default
constructor. Instead only add SNMPv1 and v2c
message processing protocols. Then SNMPv3 will
not be initialized and used.

Hope this helps.