[SNMP4J] Newbie... typesafe enumerations

Beton, Richard richard.beton at roke.co.uk
Mon May 10 09:58:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm totally new to snmp4j but it looks really cool!

By way of a suggestion, can I suggest you consider using typesafe
enumerations (as per Joshua Bloch "Effective Java", which I recommend to
everyone!).  I've attached a class for SnmpVersion which does this,
providing only three public static final fields and no public
constructor.  The version integer is immutably encapsulated.

Feel free to add this code to snmp4j and change Target etc accordingly.

Regards,
Rick

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.