[SNMP4J] Wrong digest is a right digest

chk-world at gmx.de chk-world at gmx.de
Mon Nov 22 12:00:02 CET 2004

Hello,

I don't know if this is related to the USM class case (see
http://p15141779.pureserver.info/pipermail/snmp4j/2004-November/000215.html)
but the following problems occured in further test with the 1.0.4b and
frequent calling of sendPDU():

WARN [Thread-28] snmp4j.MessageDispatcherImpl (dispatchMessage:226) -
1.3.6.1.6.3.15.1.1.5.0 = 1 <- counts up

Also I more often get as result a "Wrong digest" error from the agent.

The background for better understanding: I have setup a test network with
two switches which are on ip 192.168.0.4 and 192.168.0.5 in this network.
They both have simmiliar but different engineIDs. The error sometimes comes
from switch 1, after a few queries which work ok from the other switch.

I poll the two switches with about 6 oids every second from different
threads with different snmp instances.

This error seem strange to me since the "digest" (which means the password I
guess?) can't be wrong because it's working in 5 of 10 querys.

Best regards,
Chris

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++