[SNMP4J] Strange exception

Sasa Markovic saxon at eunet.yu
Thu Oct 14 09:09:47 CEST 2004

Frank Fock wrote:

> Hi Sasa,
>
> I assume that you are using SNMP4J in a multi-threaded environment.
> Then the following patch for org.snmp4j.smi.Variable could solve your
> problem:

Frank,

Yes, I use SNMP4J in a heavily multi-threaded environment to monitor
internet traffic on some 300 network interfaces. Thank you for your
swift response... I'll try to rebuild the whole SNMP4J library today
with the supplied patch. If the problem persists, I'll let you know.

Your library is really great, I like it very much, especially its
flexible timeout model. It's a perfect companion for my JRobin library
(http://www.jrobin.org) which has something like MRTG-demo included in
the distribution. It does not use SNMP4J still, but it will in the near
future.

So, keep up the good work!

Best regards,
Sasa Markovic