[SNMP4J] receiving traps

Liav Elias lelias at allot.com
Wed Sep 22 13:45:55 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am using snmp4j in order to receive traps. I have 2 questions about this
issue:

1. I am using the class org.snmp4j.tools.console.SnmpRequest in order to
listen to traps. I succeed to receive the traps (I see output in the console
for each trap), how can I process the incoming trap, for example to receive
all the data that was sent with the trap? do I need to implement a certain
class in order to take care of that?
2.  Is this the correct way to implement listing to traps in my application?
I mean with the console class SnmpRequest (calling this class with args[])?
or do I need to implement other classes in order to use a listener for the
incoming traps and to process them?
thanks,
Liav