[SNMP4J] Re: snmpTRAP

Tejo Vamsi Prayaga tejovamsi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 12:03:13 CEST 2005

Got it .. . there is a small gotcha in the code ...
We should specify the UDP address in the transport mapping constructor, otherwise it will ...
listen on OS decided available port ...
Change the code like this ...

 TransportMapping transport = new DefaultUdpTransportMapping((UdpAddress)targetAddress);

It should work now ....

The process will be in standby mode ... It will print a trap on the console only when it receives one ...

In order to check the trap recieving functionality, we can do it in these ways ...

a) Write another class and use another SNMP4J session to send traps to the localhost
b) use any other freely available tools/scripts to send traps to the localhost
c) add this host as one of the trap receipients on any real device (ex. router)

HTH

Regards
Tejo

abdel <boutz1 at caramail.com> wrote:
Hello Tejo, first of all thank you very much for your answer I did what you have to ask to me to make and I see that the process remains on standby
I also put my address IP, but when I type the order netstat I should see my IP which waits on port 162? because I do not see it.
I forgot something? thank you in advance.