[SNMP4J] snmptrap informations

Tejo Vamsi Prayaga tejovamsi at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 18:34:24 CEST 2005

Hi abdel,

If you indeed received a V1 notification, then you can safely type cast the PDU returned from getPDU() method and start invoking methods of PDUv1. The stack in fact creates an instance of PDUv1 behind the scenes, if it recives a V1 notification.
Here is a sample code which illustrates this.

CommandResponder trapPrinter = new CommandResponder() {
  public synchronized void processPdu(CommandResponderEvent e) {
     PDU command = e.getPDU();
     if (command != null) {
         System.out.println(command.toString());
         System.out.println(command.get(0));   //when I add this,   it posts me an error

         // true if any v1 PDU is received
          if (command instanceof PDUv1) {
            PDUv1 pduv1 = (PDUv1)command;
            System.out.println(pduv1.getGenericTrap());
};

HTH

Regards
Tejo

abdel <boutz1 at caramail.com> wrote:
To be clearer my question is, how get an instance of the class PDUv1 starting from the method getPDU() of the class CommandResponderEvent .
because I receives PDUv1 trap and I must use the methods of this class.
thank's