[SNMP4J] Can i use SNMP4j with an application that already uses log4j

Daniel Bress DBress at tecore.com
Wed Apr 20 21:16:33 CEST 2005

Has anyone tried to use snmp4j(which relies on an alpha release of
log4j) with their application which uses an older version of lo4j?

If I don't load the new version of log4j then I get an exception thrown
from the SNMP4j classes:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ugli/LoggerFactory

	at
org.snmp4j.transport.DefaultUdpTransportMapping.<clinit>(DefaultUdpTrans
portMapping.java:44)

	at
com.tecore.aircore.server.alarmmanager.SnmpTrapSender.<init>(SnmpTrapSen
der.java:16)

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Dan