[SNMP4J] Request for new constructors in PDUv1 & ScopedPDU

Tejo Vamsi tejovamsi at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 16:53:24 CEST 2005

Hi Frank,

PDU has a constructor which takes other PDU and builds this PDU.
I feel it would be helpful to have the following constructors in
PDUv1 and ScopedPDU, which enables creating new V1 and V3 PDUs
from an existing V2C PDU. I think this will be especially useful
for clients which wrap over PDU, where they can create a PDU easily,
depending on the version. Following are the constructors which I was mentioning:

in PDUv1:
---------
public PDUv1(PDU other) {
    super(other);
}

in ScopedPDU:
-------------
public ScopedPDU(PDU other) {
    super(other);
}

With these constructors in place, I need not copy the varbinds and other fields
from a V2C PDU to V1/V3 pdu explicitly. These constructors will take care.

If this API is going to be supported in next/forthcoming releases, then I think
can safely add them in my local SNMP4J version, and update when actual release
comes out.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Tejo