[SNMP4J] how to define our own OIDs / MIB ?

Cheng Li Gu ChengLi.Gu at mobile365.com
Tue Aug 2 22:19:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

We are studying the possibility to use SNMP4J api for our network
management.  However, we are lack of expertise about how to use SNMP4J.

We appreciate if you can take a moment to answer the following
questions.

1.  We need to define our own set of OIDs and corresponding meanings.
Shall we put these OID definitions in a MIB file, or we can define our
own file format and load the file in agent?

2.	I didn't see how SNMP4J agent makes use of MIB file, although I
don't understand how to use MIB file either. I suppose Agent shall load
it and Manager understand the OIDs based on this common MIB file. Is it
correct?

Many thanks

GU ChengLi