[SNMP4J] Sending v2 and v3 SNMP traps

Keary Parinis kpc7335e at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 15:38:15 CEST 2005

I am now able to send v2 traps.  Frank's comments helped me jump the
last hurdle (Thanks man!).  I was not setting sysUpTime and snmpTrapOID
in the correct order.  I had a bit of trouble setting sysUpTime.  First
I tried to set it to a new 32UnsignedInteger with a long value of the
current system time.  I received a run-time error saying I must use a
32UnsignedInteger(I was using one).  I then left it null and the trap
wouldn't send.  It worked fine when I set it to 0.

Now that I have version 2 traps down, I'll move on to version 3
tomorrow.  If anyone has a good example, I'd appreciate it.

Keary