[SNMP4J] snmp4j and unix snmpd daemon

FCG HUANG Yifu Yifu.HUANG at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Fri Aug 26 09:30:40 CEST 2005

Matthieu Casanova,

Thanks for your reply.
I want to need unix snmpd as a master agent, snmp4j as a subagent.
because there are other progam running on the same machine,
they also provide snmp function, but write in c++.

I consider if snmp4j can comunicate with the master agent,
when a request from the manager party to the master agent,
the request then will be dispatch to snmp4j subagent,
then subagent will callback a method provided by my java class to response.

I dont know whethere i am correct(I dont have much knowledge on snmp).

Could you give me some suggestion?

thanks again.

Kind regards,
Huang Yifu