[SNMP4J] ExtendedOID class

Matthias Wiesmann matthias.wiesmann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 06:23:43 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

In case this is helpful for anybody, I have written an subclass for
the OID object that has a child method, this can be used to create
child OIDs from constants. I.e write something like

public class ProcessGroup implements MOGroup {

    public final static ExtendedOID group_oid = new
ExtendedOID("1.3.6.1.2.1.25.4");
    public final static ExtendedOID table_oid = group_oid.child(2).child(1) ;
    public final static ExtendedOID os_index_oid =
group_oid.child(1).child(0) ;

…

The class basically accepts the same constructors as the base class
and has the same functionality. The source code is in attachement.

Cheers

Matthias