[SNMP4J] Question about identifying different traps

Deon van der Merwe dvdm at truteq.co.za
Fri Dec 23 23:00:00 CET 2005

Hi Rabun,

Here is how we extract the OID from the CommandResponderEvent.  We then use
the OID in a lottle lookup table in order to process it further...

  protected void newTrap(
      com.truteq.protocol.counter.snmp4j.Message aMessage) {
    org.snmp4j.CommandResponderEvent vEvent = aMessage.getPDU();
    org.snmp4j.PDU vPDU = vEvent.getPDU();
    mLogger.information("Received new trap message from " +
vEvent.getPeerAddress() + ": " + vPDU);
    for (int vIndex = 0; vIndex < vPDU.size(); ++vIndex) {
      org.snmp4j.smi.VariableBinding vVB = vPDU.get(vIndex);
      org.snmp4j.smi.OID vOID = vVB.getOid();
      org.snmp4j.smi.Variable vVariable = vVB.getVariable();
      mLogger.information("rcv: OID = " + vOID + " = " + vVariable);