[SNMP4J] [Slightly OT] Free JMX SNMPAdaptor?

Gregor B. Rosenauer gregor.rosenauer at siemens.com
Wed Feb 16 17:47:28 CET 2005

Hello,

This is only partially related to SNMP4J, but it's worth a try:)

Does anyone know of a free SNMPAdaptor-implementation for the
JavaManagementExtensions (JMX) that uses SNMP4J (or similar, although
this is currently the only free, up-to-date Java-stack I am aware of -
JAgentX being limited to SNMPv1) ?

(As all manageable information in JMX is instrumented in a
protocol-agnostic way, Adaptors in JMX allow accessing the information
via proprietary protocols, such as SNMP.)

I think this would be a cool addition since it would build a bridge from
SNMP-only management-apps to Java-applications, allowing for easy
integration of management-functionality - only, no free implementation
currently exists that I am aware of, which limits JMX to JMX-aware
management-frontends (or browsers using the HttpAdaptor).

Thanks in advance for any hints, tipps, suggestions,
Gregor