[SNMP4J] Warning with Log4J

Rodolfo Josÿffffe9 Castellanos Jaimes rodolfojcj at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 18:27:44 CET 2005

Hi friends, I am again taking a little of your time.

I have a test program using SNMP4J to get the value of
an OID of an snmp capable device.

When I run the program I get the following warnings:

---------
(org.snmp4j.security.Salt).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
properly.
---------

I did a search and I found an answer of Frank Fock to
a similar situation, that, in conjunction which a look
to the API of log4j, took me to put this 2 lines of
code in my test program:

---------
BasicConfigurator.configure();
Logger.getRootLogger().setLevel( Level.OFF );
---------

And all is OK, but why could I take core of the
logging if I'm not interested in it ?? Is it strictly
necessary ??

Thanks in advance by your attention and your answers.
Bye,
Rodolfo José Castellanos Jaimes.

NOTE: I'm using the most recent version of SNMP4J and log4j-1.2.7