[SNMP4J] SNMP get of sysDescr resulting in "noSuchInstance" r esponse

PHIL BERGSTRESSER phil.bergstresser at adtran.com
Fri Jan 28 17:42:20 CET 2005

Very basic SNMP fundamental concept. Scalars have a virtual index of 0 while table objects have indexes defined by the table.

If you had done a getNext, the agent would have walked up to the next lexigraphically ordered OID.0 and it would have appeared to have worked.

Do you have access to David Perkins's excellent text "Understanding SNMP MIBs"? That would help you a lot. It did me.

HTH,

Phil