[SNMP4J] Time-Not-In-Window report in SNMP4J

Lilach Refaeli lilachr at allot.com
Thu Jun 16 15:09:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to communicate with an engine, while its engine time and boot
counter get changed.

The SNMP4J finds that the time has been changed (I get the error log
"received message outside time window" by the USM.processIncomingMsg).
The request is re-sent but its USM engine times are still the old-wrong
ones.

After few retries I get to the target timeout, so  my application gets a
NULL as a response.

Should I fix the SNMP4J code to clean the engine time from the cache in
that situation (to force a re-discovery)?
Did anyone meet this problem?

(Attached are the SNMP4J log and the SNMP ethereal capturing)

Thanks,
Lilach