[SNMP4J] About SNMP4J

Mauricio Reyes maure5 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 06:03:30 CET 2005

Hello Jochen,

I've tryied to modify the code so that I can send SNMPv3 Traps with SNMP4J
to net-snmp. I modified the MPv3.createLocalEngineID(), with another
engineID created like this:
     byte[] tt={1,2,3,4};
     USM usm = new USM(SecurityProtocols.getInstance(),
                        new OctetString(tt), 0);
      SecurityModels.getInstance().addSecurityModel(usm);
      if (authoritativeEngineID != null) {
        snmp.setLocalEngine(authoritativeEngineID.getValue(), 0, 0);
      }
      // Add the configured user to the USM
      addUsmUser(snmp);
Both in listen() and createSnmpSession(). Am I doing something wrong?

I'd appreciate if you can point me to what part of the code I need to change
in order to send SNMPv3 traps within SNMP4J to net-snmp?