[SNMP4J] About SNMP4J

Mauricio Reyes maure5 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 03:38:25 CET 2005

Hello Jochen,

Using the option snmptrapd -f -Le -Dusm, I get: usm: Unknown User(mtest)

On the snmptrapd.conf file I have this:

rwuser initial
# lets add the new user we'll create too:
rwuser mtest
# USM configuration entries
createUser -e 1234 mtest MD5 mprueba DES mprueba

With the snmpd demon traps are received correctly. But when creating traps
with SNMP4J I get this on the snmptrapd demon:

2005-03-05 01:29:02 NET-SNMP version 5.2.1 Started.
usm: USM processing begun...
usm: Unknown User(mtest)

Thanks a lot,
Mauricio