[SNMP4J] Synchronous or asynchronous?

Rodolfo Josÿffffe9 Castellanos Jaimes rodolfojcj at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 19:04:12 CET 2005

Hi friends.

In the Snmp documentation
(src/org/snmp4j/package.html), there is a paragraph
that says:

"With SNMP4J, SNMP messages can be sent synchronously
(blocking) and asynchronously (non-blocking). The Snmp
class does not use an internal thread to process
Nevertheless it uses the receiver threads of the
transport mappings to process responses."

I did two programs, one sends messages synchronously
and the other one sends it asynchronously. The
difference that I noticed was in the order in which
the responses are processed. Which could be the
advantages/disadvantages of working with each one of
them ??

Thank you very much by your time and your attention.

Rodolfo José Castellanos Jaimes.