[SNMP4J] getPeerAddress?

Mathias Bogaert m.bogaert at memenco.com
Thu Mar 10 16:48:08 CET 2005

Hi,

Why was the choice for getPeerAddress() made? Now one still has to go
and construct a Target (with its own specific properties) in order to
implement a request-response-request-response chain. Also the fact that
org.snmp4j.Target is a concrete class bothers me. Make it an interface
and let the applications implement it (e.g. population from a
database). Let CommunityTarget and SecureTarget extend a TargetSupport
or AbstractTarget class, which implements Target.

Will SNMP4J's development process be torn open in order to let other
developers work on it? Will there be beta and RC versions in the
future? I'd like to see a more 'open source' approach to the
development.

/rantmode

Mathias Bogaert