[SNMP4J] API wish

Gregor B. Rosenauer gregor.rosenauer at siemens.com
Thu Mar 17 09:38:28 CET 2005

Frank Fock schrieb:

>> IUserTarget? I would'nt introduce C(++) type naming into the nicely
>> designed SNMP4J. Just name it UserTarget and CommunityTarget
>>
> I wouldn't have named them following the I convention. I was just an
> abbreviation.
BTW the I-convention is "native" to Java. Even Sun uses it in their
sample-code.
Type-Indicators are good if you don't have an IDE at hand, or if you
print out a piece of code (still happens;). Also, one letter is much
quicker to grasp than having to look at a class-icon in a separate view
or similar.

Gregor