[SNMP4J] (no subject)

Angel Angelov angel at sayrix.com
Wed Nov 9 22:00:33 CET 2005

Hi Frank,
thanks for the advise. I will set the request id in this way.
But this don't solve the problem described in the previous mail.

I think, the problem is because the PDU class uses a Integer32 (based on
the java int type) as a requestID.
As you know the java int type is signed 32 bit.
Maybe there are some problems by storing the 32 bit value to the int
variable.

In the example bellow, the request id 0x87c63fd7  should be translated
in to negative java int.
And the negative int should be serialized to 0x87c63fd7 through the
Integer32 class, but it is serialized to 0x3f9119cf

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to put subject on this thread in my first mail. :-(

Regards,
Angel