[SNMP4J] [ InformD Executor ]

dane dane at sourcing.co.za
Mon Nov 14 23:09:29 CET 2005

Hi.

Thanks for a great great API.
Being new to java and the snmp world, I have what should be a very basic
question to you guys/gals....

I have completed writing a very basic inform sender and seperate inform
daemon. However, my main objective now, is to give
the inform daemon the ability to process and read a special string (varbind)
within the inform (from sender), and take the
string as a literal path to an execution of a system batch file.

Do I need to use snmp4j-agent to be able to manipulate the received inform,
to execute my given file?
Or is the snmp4j api enough, and as far as I can see, getting the string
using the PDU class, and stripping the
string somehow to get the values I want.

Thanks
Newb!

 <blocked::http://www.sourcing.co.za> "We can't solve problems by using the
same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

- Dane-Garrin Balia
- Sourcing http://www.sourcing.co.za <http://www.sourcing.co.za/>
- (011) 250-4618