[SNMP4J] SNMP Threads don't close

Fabian Nart fabian.nart at ergon.ch
Tue Nov 15 09:41:38 CET 2005

Hi

I use snmp4j in a j2ee application running on JBoss 4.0 on Windows. I
use snmp4j to query a set of devices for status data. After each run to
the job that gathers this data, windows' task-manager shows about 15
Threads more for my JBoss' process than before. I use the
DefaultUdpTransportModel and I call the SNMP.close() method when I don't
need the SNMP object any more. But still there is the number of threads
constantly growing and leading to an OutOfMemoryException in the end.

Can anyone tell me what else than just calling SNMP.close() has to be
done to have all resources cleaned up well?
Thanks, Fabian