[SNMP4J] Response time expected for a get-request pdu

krishna kukunuri radhakrishna_57 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 3 07:28:05 CEST 2005

hi ,
  i have two  issues to be clarified.
1) using the SNMP4J  api, what  is the expected response time( i mean the the time lapse between the request sent and response recieved) in ideal network condtions.(being aware that this varies with n/w traffic , i just  need a benchmark to assess the efficiency of my application. MAY BE A PREDOMINANT  OBSERVATION BY FRANK OR MANY OTHERS SHALL HELP  ME IN THIS DIRECTION)

2) THIS IS MORE RELATED TO SNMP DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE.
--------- consider the host resources mib and its HrdeviceTable  , where we have a specific index that refers to a particular peripheral  device at the agent.For example ,the table for the agent on my machine shows Key-board device indexed at 7 in that table.SO MY QUESTION IS IF THAT INDEX IS FIXED FOR THE DEVICE ,I  MEAN IS IT '7' FOR KEY-BOARDS ON ALL DEVICES OR INTUTIVELY IT APPEARS THAT IT SHALL CHANGE DYNAMICALLY. hope i have conveyed the problem clearly.(If in case the indices are fixed for devices where can we find that macro information /reference material ) please let me know which is correct.
 thanks in advance.

with regards,
Radha krishna