[SNMP4J] Getting IllegalBlockingModeException when receiving trap via TCP

Mccarty, William (Bill) mccarty at avaya.com
Wed Oct 12 16:49:45 CEST 2005

I am using snmp4j-1.5.1 and when I attempt to receive a trap with the
API
configured for TCP an IllegalBlockingModeException occurs. Below is the
stack trace that is displayed.

Listening on 0.0.0.0/1024
java.nio.channels.IllegalBlockingModeException
 at java.nio.channels.spi.AbstractSelectableChannel.register(Unknown
Source)
 at java.nio.channels.SelectableChannel.register(Unknown Source)
 at
org.snmp4j.transport.DefaultTcpTransportMapping$ServerThread.run(Default
TcpTransportMapping.java:475)

I first saw this exception in my application. So I tried running the
console
application included in the SNMP4J package and saw the same exception.
Am I missing something? Or is this a bug in the API?

Bill