[SNMP4J] SNMP4J V3 perfromance

Scott VanWart scott.vanwart at Q1Labs.com
Wed Oct 19 16:45:55 CEST 2005

Hey Guys,

I am having problems with performance using SNMP4J. I have verified that
the device I am working with it sending more than 1 trap (inform) per
second, but all I seem to be able to receive is one event per second.
Here is my code, does anything jump out? Is there something I need to
set? Thanks!

Thanks!

Scott

try

{

command = e.getPDU();

            Address source = e.getPeerAddress();

            e.setProcessed(true);

            if (e.getMessageProcessingModel() ==
MessageProcessingModel.MPv3)

            {

                        // send response.

                        UserTarget target = new UserTarget();

                        target.setAddress(source);

                        target.setVersion(SnmpConstants.version3);

                        target.setSecurityName(new OctetString(user));

target.setSecurityLevel(SecurityLevel.AUTH_PRIV);

                        snmp.getBulk(command, target);

            }

            VariableBinding varBinding;

            Variable var;

            // discover how many variables exist

            int length = command.size();

            // loop through variables and put them ALL into payload.

            for(int i = 0; i < length; i++)

            {

                        varBinding = command.get(i);

                        var = varBinding.getVariable();

                        payload += var.toString() + "\t";

            }

            // Get source address of Trap.

            String test = source.toString();

            int colon = test.indexOf('/');

            src = test.substring(0, colon);

            }

catch (Exception pe)

            {

                        logger.error("Could not decrypt SNMP data:",
pe);