[SNMP4J] Best way to make an agent/manager application?

Fedja Jeleskovic mrawd2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 23:59:26 CEST 2005

I am in process of creating a dual rule agent/manager application. Unfortunately, I am much more familiar with the SNMP++/Agent++ versions of the software so I am looking for some help on this.

Do I need to create one SNMP object for the manager side and an instance of the derived version of the BaseAgent that also creates an SNMP object itself or I could make it with only one SNMP object that gets created inside the BaseAgent?

The thing is that for the one created by the BaseAgent we need to add message processing model and the security protocol, so the requirements between the manager and agent might not be the same so two SNMP objects might be required the way I see it, but another opinion would help in here!!

Thanks

Fedja