[SNMP4J] sharing snmp object or not sharing

Sam Chen csam2ca at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 17:12:38 CEST 2005

Hi,
   I currently have a multi-threaded program, and each
thread is responsible for getting snmp information
from one agent.  I read something about it is better
to instantiate one snmp instance and share among all
threads.   Does that mean synchronize the snmp object
before doing the snmp.send() or it is syncrhonized
internally so I don't need to syncrhonize the snmp
object before doing the senmp.send().  Would it be
resource-consuming if I instantiate one snmp object
for each thread and would this speed up sending and
receiving snmp information comparing to sharing single
snmp object among all threads?
Thanks in advance.

Sam