[SNMP4J] Sending traps and receiving/responding to requests...

Bruno Tessier btessier at nakinasystems.com
Thu Apr 6 16:13:34 CEST 2006

Oh, I forgot to explain that I want my application (agent) to be waiting
around for incoming GET requests, which is why I am using the call to
"this.wait()".  When a request comes in, it will process it, send the
response, and go back to waiting mode.  But while it is waiting (or even
while it is processing requests), I would also like to be able to send
traps from it, when some conditions that my agent is monitoring are met.

As mentioned in my previous message, I would like to be able to do all
of this from the same application, using the same Snmp object.  I've
been able to send traps, I've been able to wait for incoming requests
and process them, but I haven't been able yet to get both to work in the
same app using the same Snmp object.  It seems the call to "this.wait()"
(is this really needed, or is there another way to make my app wait for
incoming requests?) blocks my app from doing anything else, in this
case, send traps.

Any ideas, examples, anything?

Thanks