[SNMP4J] IllegalStateException in Snmp.send()

Fabian Nart fabian.nart at ergon.ch
Fri Apr 21 15:48:44 CEST 2006

Hi

  I have an IllegalStateException (Timer already cancelled) in
Snmp.send(). This looks like the cancel()-method had been called, but
I'm sure that this is not the case. So I think that the Timer's
task-execution-Thread has died and I did not notice that.

  To prevent such a silent Thread-death I suggest the following: The
run()-method of the PendingRequest-class should catch, log and rethrow
any Error and RuntimeException. This way we know when (and maybe why)
such a Thread dies.

  Any comments? Cheers, Fabian