[SNMP4J] SNMP4J on Java.net!

Matthieu Casanova chocolat.mou at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 23:17:35 CEST 2006

I agree with you, ConcurrentHashMap are not synchronized maps, I didn't
check a lot how it works, but it seems really different.
I don't think there would be a lot of differences between Hashtable and
Collections.synchronizedMap(new HashMap()).
I don't know if it could be useful but there are some libraries like trove4j
that can take primitive types as key or value.
And there is also a library http://javolution.org/ that has nice concepts.
Like a map that is not synchronized but can be use in multithread
environment if you use a lot of reading and few writing. In fact it has a
map that is not synchronized, and when you write into it, it is simply
recopied. I don't know if it could be useful for snmp4j but this api could
give some ideas

Matthieu