[SNMP4J] Missing First Row in Table

Prusi, Jesse R jesse.r.prusi at lmco.com
Thu Apr 27 18:52:17 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have an agent built from snmp4j-agent that has a sparse table
populated with a few entries.  For example:

myOid.indexOid.12 = a
myOid.indexOid.13 = b
myOid.indexOid.16 = c
myOid.indexOid.38 = d

All entries are returned if:

1) I use GETBULK on myOid.  Or,
2) I use TableUtils getTable() method on myOid with lower and upper
index OIDs = null.

However, the first entry is not returned when:

1) I use GETNEXT starting with myOid.indexOid
2) I use SnmpRequest to do a walk on myOid.indexOid
3) I use TableUtils getTable() method on myOid with
	a) lower index = myOid.indexOid
	b) upper index = myOid.(indexOid+1)

But all other entries are returned.

myOid.indexOid.13 = b
myOid.indexOid.16 = c
myOid.indexOid.38 = d

Is this a bug in SNMP4J?  How can I get all the entries in the
myOid.indexOid subtree without skipping the first entry?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jesse Prusi