[SNMP4J] possible bug with source address filtering enabled.

Glenn Gerhardt (glgerhar) glgerhar at cisco.com
Thu Aug 10 00:25:57 CEST 2006

Frank,

I encountered an issue when running with source address filtering
enabled.
After debugging the problem, I believe I have found the solution.

In SnmpCommunityMIB.passesFilter(), I believe this line:

      SnmpTargetAddrExtEntryRow extRow = (SnmpTargetAddrExtEntryRow)
          snmpCommunityEntryModel.getRow(row.getIndex());

should instead be:

      SnmpTargetAddrExtEntryRow extRow = (SnmpTargetAddrExtEntryRow)
          snmpTargetAddrExtEntryModel.getRow(row.getIndex());

Please take a look and confirm that this is the appropriate change.
If so, it would be nice to see it in a future release.

BTW, the proxy behaviour in snmp4j-agent-1.0b7 looks great!

Thanks,   Glenn

Glenn Gerhardt glenn.gerhardt at cisco.com
Cisco Systems
500 Beaver Brook