[SNMP4J] Adding user problem

Eduardo Luque nigbiz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 12:00:44 CEST 2006

Hi.
I have a problem when I try to add a new USM user. I'm using the TestAgent
code.

I need a new user in v3group, so I add in addViews:

        vacm.addGroup(SecurityModel.SECURITY_MODEL_USM,
                      new OctetString("newuser"),
                      new OctetString("v3group"),
                      StorageType.nonVolatile);

and, in addUsers:

        user = new UsmUser(new OctetString("newuser"),
                AuthSHA.ID,
                new OctetString("password"),
                null,
                null);
        usm.addUser(user.getSecurityName(), usm.getLocalEngineID(), user);

but something is wrong. I always get a timeout message. What is the problem?

I have a viewTreeFamily (full---view) and an access (v3group).
Do I need something more?

Thanks