[SNMP4J] Virtual SNMPv3 Server

Keary Parinis kpc7335e at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 17:13:54 CET 2006

Hi,

I use a java app at work that collects router information using SNMP4J and we are currently using SNMP version 2.  We will upgrade to version 3 shortly.  I see the code example for version 3 in the Java docs.  I would like to re-code my java app and test before the upgrade.  Does anyone know how to create a virtual SNMPv3 server with SNMP4J?  I just need something that will accept USM authentication and reply to a get request.  I think I can create something simple with a ServerSocket running on port 162.  Is there something out there that does this.  I had no luck with google for the past few hours.  Thanks in advance.

K E