[SNMP4J] Subagent startup question

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Dec 15 02:35:23 CET 2006

Hi Ray,

The local address of the sub-agent is not used
for TCP (which is the only currently supported
transport mapping by SNMP4J-Agent). For AgentX
over a connection-less transport mapping, the
local address might be used in the future.

So when the communication fails, there must be
another reason for that. Have you tried to
use 127.0.0.1 instead of 10.201.1.98? I am
asking because this might also be a routing
or permission problem.