[SNMP4J] TestAgent and SNMPv3

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Wed Dec 20 01:04:25 CET 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:16:37 +0100
Jochen Katz <katz at agentpp.com> wrote:

> > I couldn't find the client sources, and the best matches were inside
>
> this file is within SNMP4J package:
> SNMP4J/src/org/snmp4j/tools/console/SnmpRequest.java

The packages I've downloaded don't contain tools/ subdir, only agent/, and
I've downloaded all sources from the website.  Perhaps I should fetch from a
CVS/SVN repository?

> > BaseAgent.java and TestAgent.java.  Passing another OctetString like you
>
> But it's easier to change the code within TestAgent.java:
>
>   public TestAgent(File bootCounterFile, File configFile) throws
> IOException {
>     super(bootCounterFile, configFile,
>           new CommandProcessor(
>              OctetString.fromHexString("00:00:00:00:00:00:02:03:04:05",
>
>                                        ':') ));
>
> Changes to BaseAgent are not needed.

No luck at all.  :(

What's the SNMPv3 command line you use for testing the TestAgent?  I must be
doing something quite stupid and obscure, so with some sane defaults (a
working command line and fresh sources) I think I can discover what's wrong
here.

Thanks a lot.  :)
Regards.

--