[SNMP4J] snmp4j getnext handling

Giovane Moreira gcmmoura at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 13:22:09 CET 2006

Hello,

I've got a problem and I have no idea on how to solve it.

My snmp agent is running well. There I have a MIB that has a table of more
than 128 lines.. I want to perform snmp get next operations on this table,
but with something special: to treat the number of "lines" of the table
retrieved.

Ok, I know, snmp get next operation just will return me the whole table.
It's the standard operation. But I was thinking if it's possible to look
inside every "line" returned, and check out how many "lines" of the table
was retrieved.

For example, suppose my table has an OID and has 128 lines. So I send a
getnext to my agent and then it return all 128 lines . Just as the RFC
determines. Ok, but in my manager, I would like to performe some operations
such as get the current machine time when  the 2nd "line" arrives (on the
fly). To do this, I must treat the response received (using ResponseEvent
?).

Does snmp4j support snmp response treatment on the fly?

Thank you all ,

Giovane