[SNMP4J] TableListener for Interfaces Group

Keary Parinis kpc7335e at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 09:50:42 CET 2006

Keary Parinis <kpc7335e at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hi,

  I am running into an issue reading router information from the interface group.  What I am trying to accomplish is to read router interface index, admin status, oper status, and in/out traffic for a router with a table that implements the TableListener interface.  I am using SNMP GETBULK requests to get the values of various OIDs in the interface group.  When I attempt to get the interface index, admin status, and oper status for all interfaces I get all the interfaces OK.  When I try to get in/out traffic it leaves out rows for some reason.  I imagine it does this because that particular interface may not have in/out traffic data (just a guess).  I set up two different table listeners for the same router's interface group and get a much lower number of rows for table that gets in/out traffic.  It seems that it only does this with routers that use tunneling.  The program works fine for my routers that only  have serial point to point circuits.  I'm not sure why this is
 happenning.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

K E